Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quotes

There are some quotes which I find really inspirational! I thought I would share them :) and say why they mean something to me.

To be an artist is to fail,
as no other dare fail...
SAMUEL BECKETT
~
How I interpret this, is that you have to be willing to do things you may not be familiar with. If your not willing to try something and take the risk of failing then how are you ever going to get closer to achieving your goals? If you take that risk, even if you fail four times before you achieve it. It doesn't matter how many times you fail, to me it's not even failing. It was just learning curves you needed to take in order to build yourself up to where you want to be. You didn't fail, you learnt and you got yourself closer every time.


It's not that I'm so smart,
it's just that I stay with problems longer.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

~
If your working towards something you need to commit to it, put your all into it. Just because something seems hard doesn't mean you can't do it, you can do anything you put your effort into. And just think about how awesome it's going to be once you achieve it? Hells yeah.


A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

~
Making mistakes is just a part of life, everyone makes mistakes. The one thing I think needs to be said most about mistakes, is not to dwell on them. I prefer to think of them as learning curves, because you learn every time. You grow as a person, and next time a similar situation comes around you won't make that same mistake again.


What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.
SCOTT WESTERFELD
~
I wholeheartedly believe in this. I think people's action's, the things they say is what makes someone beautiful. Looks in my opinion are so over-rated, I mean sure our looks get us in the door at times but it's our personalities that keep us in the room.Who we are as people is what define us in my opinion.


Things that are done, it is needless to speak about...things that are past, it is needless to blame.
CONFUCIUS

~
This to me is just about moving on from the past, things happen but there is no point on blaming or bring things up that you cant change. I think though if there is something bothering you, yes talk about it, and with time we move on from them.


What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
CONFUCIUS
~
Pretty self explanatory really :)


Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone see's it.
CONFUCIUS
~
Everyone is beautiful, beauty goes far beyond what can only be seen with the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment