Sunday, April 3, 2011

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection"
-Buddah

So today I was thinking about body image and self confidence. I know everyone at some stage in their life has been self conscious. One thing I think is so horrible, is that girls and guys these days are becoming self conscious younger and younger and that's scary. I remember when I was little, my biggest worry was whether it was going to rain today and I wouldn't get to play outside. And when you think about all the media and the portrayal of what is "beautiful" there is really no wonder why. I have decided I just want to not read fashion magazines anymore, just because they portray an unrealistic idea of what beauty is and practically try to con you into buying something you don't really need, by trying to find your insecurities and try to convince you this product is your answer. When most of the time you buy it and turn out extremely disappointed. And it's like if your not like size 6, you just don't cut it apparently? Well what bull-poop if you ask me. I know girls who are of all different sizes and their all gorgeous. Yeah, girls in magazines probably all have perfect legs, no cellulite, and amazing clear skin. Although, a lot of the time they are photo-shopped. But in reality all you need to do is look around you to see the variety of people there are. We're all unique, we each have different features, body shapes, hair colours, etc.

I think acceptance is the key, and not comparing ourselves to everyone else. We should love and look after our bodies, because well its the only one we have.

Be kind to yourself and remember your beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment