Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do you see what I see?

Well I have been rather productive recently just with things I know need doing. I cooked dinner tonight and cut my pinky finger, really hurt. I seem to have a habit of doing it, I just need to stay away from graters I think. It's getting closer to my birthday which is exciting! Caleb will be here :) which I am very muchly looking forward to. And we got tickets to soundwave!! So lots of exciting things coming up, as well as my birthday dinner.


Anyway! Today I wanted to blog about, paintings. How I adore them, honestly they are just mesmerizing to me as I am sure they are to many people. And how I wish I could paint, even though we all can paint, it's just whether we're good at it or not. Although I don't think you need to be a skilled painter to create a beautiful piece of art. I love to look at paintings and I find them inspirational, beautiful and they are able to make you feel things. All different emotions, understanding of what is trying to be depicted through the imagery. And they make me think, what inspired this artist to paint this? They intrigue me and I love it. I am going to list some artists and show one of the paintings by them which I love, even though there are definitely more than one which I love.

John Waterhouse - Pandora, 1896


































































Vincent Van Gogh - Almond branches in bloom, 1890





























Ernest Herbert - Ophelia, 1910










































Salvador Dali - Meditative rose, 1958






























John Anster Fitzgerald - The stuff that dreams are made of, 1858


























Frederick George Cotman - One of the family,























Jean Baptiste Monge -










































George Clausen - Twilight












































Arthur Rackham - Little Miss Muffet, Little Red Riding Hood, Alice





No comments:

Post a Comment